Do you need work that can be done from home due to the coronavirus pandemic? You could have been employed at a firm that has not yet fully reopened, or you may be assisting your children with remote learning. Whatever the cause, you are not alone.
Read on to learn what you’ll need to be a successful work from home administrative assistant.
What Do an Administrative Assistant and a Work from Home Job Require?
Depending on the company, a remote administrative assistant (VAs) may have numerous responsibilities. They make phone calls, type and review documents, conduct research, update blogs and social media, arrange travel for bosses, create presentations and reports, and so on. They’ll also handle and distribute information to coworkers and customers in a remote workplace. They will undoubtedly participate in online video conferences or meetings or manage and organize online communications as well as project management in a remote workplace.
What abilities are necessary to conduct admin work from home?
An administrative assistant needs both “hard” and “soft” skills. Hard skills include reading and writing, keyboarding ability, and proficiency with several computer programs. Communication abilities, a pleasant personality, honesty and integrity, conscientiousness, multitasking ability, attention to detail are all considered soft traits. Online knowledge and self-discipline are key talents for working from home as an admin.
What Qualities Should a Virtual Assistant Have?
It takes many skills to be a successful virtual assistant, from having the proper home office equipment and the ability to do your job well to being self-motivated and staying focused so that you can satisfy deadlines.
We recommend that you:
- Set up a separate workspace where you will not be disturbed.
- Use video conferencing, company chats, and project management tools.
- Prepare a strategy for dealing with distractions (and try to minimize them).
- Establish a regular schedule with your employer.
- Maintain regular check-ins with coworkers to stay focused.
- To stay fresh and productive, schedule breaks away from the computer.
How Can You Effectively Communicate with Upper Management?
Communication with senior management, like any other art form, requires finesse. Consider yourself a busy manager and consider the long-term picture. Explain how what you’re doing or what you want to do will help the organization achieve its goals.
When presenting information to senior management, remember the following:
- Concentrate on outcomes rather than processes.
- Rather than defending past actions, focus on what lies ahead.
- Know your facts and figures in order to back up your proposals.
- Don’t use colloquial language or idioms that may be difficult to understand.
- Keep it concise and to the point.
- Concentrate on the key concerns of management and demonstrate that you share the company’s vision.
How Can You Ensure That You Keep Track of Your Expenses?
As a virtual assistant, you must have co-workers complete an expense report on time if you’re in charge of keeping track of the firm’s spending. Establishing a standard procedure and keeping it consistent is crucial.
Here are some tips for staying on top of your expenses:
- Regularly review your account statements.
- Organize your expenses.
- Use a spreadsheet (such as Excel) or dedicated expense-tracking software (such as QuickBooks, Concur, Expensify, Rydoo, Hurdlr or Zoho Expense).
If all you’re keeping track of is your own costs, a spreadsheet may be sufficient.